February 26, 2008

ezhtpc - The Software?

Before ordering my hardware, I looked into the options for the media centre front end. As a long time admirer of all my friends with XBox consoles and the recent announcement of the Linux port, XBMC was the way I was headed.

Upon talking to another friend of mine, Troy, who as 2 Xbox's and a XP Media Centre PC he suggested I look into Linux MCE. Well, I checked the site and remembered being sent the info on Linux MCE months ago and feeling the urge to just go out and buy it immediately. I was sceptical at the time but there seems is now a considerable amount of information and discussion on the various internet discussion boards and Wikis.

The question really remains - Which one will I go for? ..... Well, why not both? :)

Given I have will have a blank handware slate shortly, I will test both frontends and see how they go!


No comments: